Friday, August 24, 2007

Interesting Upcomings

Work has been coming in at a steady pace, to the point where finding a nanny a few days a week is about to become urgent.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a record 6 shoots in one week. A few nudes via my other 'secret' site www.katrinkas-secret.com, a maternity session, some family gigs and one really sad shoot I did for Soulumination. A little 5 day old at Children's Hosp.--they were taking him off life support and I was there to document a small bit of his short life with his family.

Tonight I'm shooting a living wake for a terminally ill gentleman. Tomorrow a Senior and a baby and then get this: drum roll please
I'm doing a two day shoot for a the white house committee on anti drug use. I'm shooting 5 people who have been effected by Meth use. The shots will be displayed during National Drug Recovery Month, aka September. How I was chosen for this... it beats me but I'm pretty geeked about it.

Strange photographic juxtapositions abound, from sick newborns, to terminal adults, to pregnant ladies, to families and then naked ladies.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I had a hard time looking at the photos of the boy Hudson. His smile reminds me of Benny's.
Just can't imagine.
That must be surreal to be there.
Maybe I don't know how it would be. But wonderful that you are volunteering.