Which is why I am going to list it.
First though, Happy New Year!
1. Alex's Mom was diagnosed with cancer in early December
2. Alex had knee surgery in early December
3. I had to call 911 night after his surgery because his eyes rolled up into his head and he looked dead. Oxycontin is not his drug of choice.
4. Two weeks after his surgery, we went to Germany to spend Xmas with his mother. There, Alex's knee become so infected that he had to be hospitalized and had 4 German surgeries (that might be a cool band name).
6. Our house sitter had an 'accident' with the house alarm and the cats are now deaf and familiar with the cops in the hood.
7. I kind of crunched a family friend's car in Germany.
8. I flew home solo, with a 16 month old who screamed bloody murder for 11 hours straight.
9. I came home to learn that my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, again.
All of this, combined with thoughts like "recycling the cat food cans is a moot point given the world will come to an end in my lifetime" and you have one crappidy dappity year ahead.
The good stuff:
Alex comes home tomorrow, finally.