Monday, February 06, 2006

A Cat Lady's Transition to Kid Lady

Sandeep and his Mom, by Steph Dav

I’m far from really comprehending what's going to happen when MiniMallet comes into the scene, but I think I'm starting to get closer. Recently I’ve been introduced to some of the realities of parenthood and I'm totally freaked out.

My photog friend Stefanie came across her feeding and diapering record for her daughter Madison and happily shared it with me. I was not prepared for what I saw, which looked something like this:

12:00am feeding
1:40am feeding, poop and pee
3:00am feeding
4:50am feeding, poop and pee
6:20am feeding, pee
8:00am feeding
10:00am feeding poop and pee
12:00pm
2:00pm feeding pee
4:20pm feeding poop and pee
6:50pm feeding
8:45pm feeding, pee
10:30pm feeding, poop and pee
(start at the top again, different day, same routine)

Sure, I know there’s a lot time spent feeding and diapering but I had never actually seen hard data proving the frequency of this scenario. I'm starting to understand why so many people are telling me to enjoy sleep now, while I can.

No comments: