Sunday, November 19, 2006

Back Online

After attempting to get 240+ items (including boxes chock full of junk) in the right places and painting the house top to bottom (neither of which is complete), I'm back online and struggling for something to write about. So again, I'm going for a list.

Consistency is key to an infant's sleep routine. Being in 4 different houses (Boston, Hotel in Boston, Temp Housing, our house in Seattle) in 2 weeks time wreaks havoc on little ones.

Unpacking and getting settled when you have a 3 month old to care for is an exercise in patience--boxes sit half-unpacked, everywhere. The anxiety this brings has crossed over into my sleep. The other night I dreamt that I had to catch a flight and wasn't packed and all that was supposed to be packed was buried under piles of junk. I finally got to the airport with things hanging out of my suitcase and looked down to see I was wearing 2 different colored shoes (I actually did this when I was massively pregnant; couldn't see my toes) . Then, while running off to tell the people I was with to hold up while I changed my shoes, all of my stuff is stolen.

I will never ever again gain 50 lbs, whether I'm pregnant or not. Dropping the 15 lbs that have decided to stick around is a real pain in my big butt.

People in Seattle are sooo nice. I've missed the random and senseless smiling of strangers-- strangers that are so nice they'll even let you ride their tricycles. :)


No comments: