Thursday, April 05, 2007

Scary Gym

My gym is scary.
It's a super pish posh place and almost everyone working out is employed by The Empire.
That said, it's a good thing I don't go too often because the level of swank-i-tude creeps me out. (Example: They have a monthly magazine that gets mailed out to all members. There are quite possibly 35 advertisements for cosmetic dentistry, 49 for laser treatments, 17 plastic surgery clinics, and a handful of diamond jewelers)
I've made a point to wear 'non-workout' attire when I work out--it's my own form of gym rebellion. Today, I wore maternity gauchos (no, I'm not pregnant) and a t-shirt that says "I'm a Super-Duper Programmer" (Alex refuses to wear it) and grey tennis shoes with bright white socks.

Another random bit: We had to introduce ourselves in the class I'm taking and tell where we worked. After awhile I felt like I was in a twelve step program. After 20 or so "Hi I'm Joe and I work at Microsoft".

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

introduce yourself at your gym class? that's weird. I hope you wore makeup at least, I mean geez it is the gym.

Izabell said...

ok I am going to gues that you work out at the pro sports club! lol I came from lynetts blog. she photographed our friend skylar and we came to your page though there I hope you don't mind my wondering onto your page. your photos are lovely. izzy's dad works at the club, lol and I noticed all the adds in the newletter/magizine:) it is kinda funny.

Andreya said...

Hi Nice Blog .The independent Jewelers Point store can't offer the same size product selection because they don't have the finances. The chain stores have better real estate, better product selection, and more money for advertising.