Friday, January 22, 2010

A Generation, past.

My Grandmother, Helen, my mom's mom, died yesterday.
I rarely saw her, was never close to her and therefore didn't know her well so to say I'm mourning would be dishonest. I do however feel sad for my mom, my Aunt Sheila and my Uncle Jess.
They lost their mom and that, regardless of your age, has got to be so hard.
Sometimes I think about my own death. Leaving this world will is something I fear becuase it means I'll be leaving my Xander alone in this world. Regardless of how old he'll be, a grown man I hope, it makes my heart hurt.

_MG_5796-1-Edit
Helen, my Grandmother.

_MG_5875-1-Edit
My Mom, Sheryl, and my Grandmother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad, too! No matter how old you are, losing you mama makes you an orphan.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful picture of your mother and her mother. stunning. so sorry for your family's loss. xo, anna