Thursday, March 31, 2005

Avoiding Apples and Toast

On Tuesday night's class, in the final step of completing my 100+ faces project, I discovered that the CD I burned, supposedly containing my 100+ images, was empty, as was the folder on my hard drive. Oddly enough, probably from extreme rumminess, I laughed and thought "Oh well, I'm so over this project it's really not that big of deal to me." The more I thought about it, the more I thought I should probably care given it was my first huge assignment, one which I worked hard enough to give me claw hands and cataracts from the 'digital darkroom'.

Well, I am happy to report the following:

  1. I like apples but not Apples. My skeptitude of all things Apple remains (all the computers at school are Macs).
  2. I still enjoy toast but not Toast, which happens to be the name of the CD burning program we use at school.
  3. I've happily discovered that my CD does have my project on it, putting it into a Windows machine revealed this.
  4. I do not have to resurrect my entire project from my RAW files and can therefore forgo the subsequent casting of both of my hands and commissioning of a guide dog I would need if I were to redo everything.
  5. I have uploaded my entire project to shutterfly. Here's the link:http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANnLhizbOWbTKA&notag=1
  6. I now have 10 showcase images selected, thanks to the voting of my classmates, which are posted below.
  7. Do you have favorites? If so, please share :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christina, i love your pictures. you are so talented at whatever you choose to do...love, lori