Wednesday, July 08, 2009

The Fords

I never thought I'd get a chance to meet the Fords for a photo shoot--lucky for me they were willing to give me a second shot. This past summer, a local photographer asked me to fill in for her--I felt honored and humbled to be the one chosen. I marked the day on my calendar and the rest is history, not the kind you want to repeat I might add.
Sitting in front of my computer one Saturday (this is were the ominous music starts) enjoying the peace and quiet on an empty house, I notice I have voicemail. Checking the message, I feel my stomach do a triple luxe--the message, left 20 mins. earlier, by a very sweet Heather, who doesn't ask "where the H E double matchsticks are you?!!!!" but who instead is checking in to make sure I'm okay. Bottom line, I was severely late for the Ford's family reunion.
Photographers, you feel me when I say felt my insides dropped through the chair--this is the stuff photographer horror movies are made of. The reunion wasn't far away, but far enough to make it a moot point--important guests, Grandmothers from out of town, were due at the airport.
Heather was gracious and forgiving --she accepted my offer to do her family photographs in the Arboretum to repent for my error. I couldn't be more thankful for a second chance to work her and her family. They are a beautiful family and I hope some of their good karma rubbed off on me.


No comments: