Wednesday, July 08, 2009

What Would Superman Do?




Times are suckity economically, and when you combine said suckity-ness with the 'slow' time in the photog business, it spells only one thing. Serious-meltdown-OMG! What am I doing wrong--I need to reinvent myself! I need a look, a vibe, a persona, the ridiculousness is ridiculous. In times like this, I hover over my laptop hitting 'send/receive' in a very OCD fashion (Me: The cable must be out again, otherwise I'd be downloading copious amounts of client inquiries, right ?!) and check my google analytics graphs, pie charts and bounce rate like I actually understand them. So when times get tough, the tough start investigating all the gobs of benjamins they could drop to make more money. It takes money to make money, right?

Well here I am, at this very free, blogspot blog, wishing I had a super snazzy and expensive 'couture' blog designed by fabulous people, much younger than myself, and able to pull off fashions I refer to as 'Forest Gump in his running across America phase' or 'Pat Benatar and Napoleon Dynamite are BFFs'.

I go through this crisis around this time every year and I'm hoping this year will be like years past, as in, 'this will be over soon, once the sun hits, biz will pick up' but there are two potential problems with my 'The Sun Will Come out Tomorrow' hopes. 1. The economy 2. The economy.

Meanwhile, I work on a few clients' files as well as my own personal work and I just wait... oh and get ready for a shoot tomorrow at the studio.

No comments: